The Secondary School students are hoping to make the shoebox collection for the ALTONAER KINDERKRANKENHAUS and DIE ARCHE as successful as last year with the help of the ISH community. They rely very much on your good will and generosity to make their “KIDS 4 KIDS” projects successful and kindly ask for your help by producing a ‘CHRISTMAS IN A SHOE BOX’.
TO PRODUCE A SHOE BOX:
1. Glue the box and the lid of the shoebox with colourful gift wrapping paper or paper that is painted and decorated by yourself. Please don’t wrap the box completely, we might need to open the lid.
2. Choose a selection of gifts for a child aged 2-4, 5-9, 10-14.
3. Fill the shoe box with a selection of new items/gifts for example:
- Clothes: T-Shirt, socks, winter woollen hat, scarf and gloves
- Toys: Puzzle, small ball, harmonica, games small cars, picture books and books
- Hygiene articles: Hair brush, hairclips/bands, toothbrush and –paste, soap
- School items: coloured pencils, drawing block, eraser, pencil sharpener, felt-tip pens
- Confectionery: Christmas chocolate and sweets
- Personal Greetings: Christmas wishes from yourself
N.B: The above items are examples only and you are very welcome to add other suitable gifts that are not listed. If you are unable to provide a shoebox, please collect one from Mr. Anderson’s Visual Arts room 061 any time after school on Wednesdays or Thursdays.
SANTA GIFT BOX COLLECTION
If you are not able to make a shoebox, but would like to make a contribution, you may also give an individual present: new toys, games, puzzles, books, etc. suitable for children from age 2 – 14. Hospital hygiene regulations require that the donated items are new. No soft toys please.
HANDING IN YOUR GIFT
The finished shoeboxes and individual gifts can be dropped off at Mr. Anderson’s room 061 or placed under the Christmas tree in the school entrance up to Friday 8 December. The students would like to thank you in advance for your generosity at this time of the year and for supporting their project KIDS 4 KIDS. The Secondary School students are collecting donations for the Altonaer Kinderkrankenhaus and Die Arche in Jenfeld.
Please support this great cause by making a donation of € 5 or upwards. Your donation will entitle you to take part in the raffle drawn during the last school week before the Christmas vacation.
The first prize: A cheerful, beautiful hand-made quilt (size 1,80 x 2,00 m) The quilt is unable to be valued as it is considered to be priceless.
Not feeling lucky? But you really love quilts? Then why not place a bid for these beautiful hand-stitched quilts at our Silent Auction at the International Fair!
Thank you for your generosity from the Secondary School students.